Monday, August 12, 2013

Workshops, Prep, and Back to School

Today is my last "summer" workshop and then on Friday is the first day of inservice for the school year.  Our first day with kids is August 26.  I am anticipating a great year.

Today I am going to a class on Beginning Blogging for Art Teachers.  I can't wait to have a bunch of new art bloggers to follow!  It will be awesome to see what is going on in everyone's classroom in my own district!  Yay!

Friday is a workshop set up like speed dating.  Everyone will bring one idea and share it one on one in a speed dating setting. This is great because I am all about sharing.  I have a "beg, borrow, and steal" philosophy when it comes to ideas for teaching.  If it works, then be all means share it!

 I will be working every day in my room from here on!  I will be honest, I haven't stepped foot in my room since June!  So, I have my work cut out for me!  I will post class pictures as soon as it is all back in order!!

This week will be all about organizing my room, thoughts, ideas!  What is your favorite back to school tip?  Do you have any "must have" supplies?  Please, share if you do!

I added this picture because it is the lesson I will be sharing on Friday at our "Speed Art" session!  It is a faux stained glass/radial design lesson and the students devoured it like candy!  It was awesome!

3 comments:

  1. Hey friend...you may want to darken your font... or maybe it is just my old eyes?!?! HA HA.. HAVE A GREAT WORKSHOP!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I darkened and increased the size. Is it better? I don't want you going blind trying to read my blog! Have a great day! Thanks for your input. What would I do without you?

      Delete
  2. Hey girl, I am nominating you for a Liebster Award! I love your posts :)

    ReplyDelete