Friday, August 23, 2013

Kiln Troubles!

I went to check on my ancient kiln and do a test fire today.  I noticed a huge pile of debris underneath it and when I looked this is what I saw!

I'm pretty sure this is a bad sign!  Yikes! Does anyone know if this is corrosion of the metal stand or is this the bottom of the kiln about to drop out?  I have a work order in for maintenance to come and check on it.  It is original to the school so it is 27 years old.  Hmmm...maybe it is time for a new one! 

2 comments:

  1. I don't know much but I know that isn't good... :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stuffing in the top of my kiln is breaking up. :( It is about 30 yrs old. I don't wanna lose it though because it is so big!! The new skinny ones would take me twice as long to fire all the kids work. I'm going to try to get the kiln dr. in & look at it. Last year Metro replaced the plug & receptical because their were char marks!!!

    ReplyDelete