Saturday, March 16, 2013

Mess to Masterpiece

Here we go again!  After going to the NAEA convention in Ft. Worth, I was inspired to try my hand at blogging again and this time hold nothing back.
 I started this blog last fall with little confidence and knowledge.  After hearing the art teacher "rock stars" at the National Art Education Association Convention, I decided that I can do this, too.  Also, I met many teachers just like me.  Teachers that want to learn from each other and create a PLN ( professional learning network) through social media.  I have followed many blogs over the past two years and I admit it, they saved me when I started teaching art two years ago.  I would have struggled and possibly failed without the ideas that I found at my fingertips each day through blogging, Facebook, Pinterest, and websites about teaching art.  Now, it's my turn.  I want to share what I do, where I struggle, where I succeed, and why I teach art to anyone who wants to listen.  I'm a mess some days, but some days I am a masterpiece!  I hope you find this blog useful at the least and inspiring at best.  I am going to start by posting the lessons that I have taught this year. Whether it was a mess or a masterpiece, I am putting it out there!
I am also going to post my story on how I became an art teacher.  It is a 20 year story in the making.  I will save that for a later post.
Have a wonderful Saturday!  Make it a masterpiece!

No comments:

Post a Comment